Remote Learning - CPD
Welcome to the staff CPD page to access during the Remote Learning 2021.
Continuous professional development (CPD) of all staff is vitally important to us all at KHPA and have been a vital key to KHPA’s continuous development and innovative practices. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, we are continuing to provide all staff with CPD on a bi-weekly timetable via Teams. It is critical, as a staff, we adapt our practices to meet the current education landscape and therefore CPD is focusing on the best practices of remote education. As a result, KHPA staff are provided the platform to expand their ideas and remote education practices
The reason why we have CPD is that it offers one of the most effective ways to improve student performance, increase staff retention and develop a culture of excellence across a whole school. The overriding purpose is to help teachers continually improve the quality of their teaching. We have found weekly CPD to be more effective than a one off training course because when it is continuous, this helps teachers to imbed what they learn. In the words of Dylan Wiliams, ‘every teacher needs to improve, not because they are not good enough, but because they can be even better.’
Here’s what CPD helps teachers to do:
- Ensures they keep pace with the current standards of others working in education.
- Keeps their knowledge and skills current so they can deliver high-quality teaching and impact positively on pupil outcomes.
- Makes sure that they become more effective in the workplace. This helps them to advance in their career and move into new positions where they can lead, manage, influence, coach and mentor others.
- Opens them up to new possibilities, new knowledge and new skills.
- Leads to increased confidence in themselves, others and the profession as a whole.
Teacher CPD is also very useful at:
- Reminding them of their achievements and how far they’ve progressed.
- Directs their career and helps them keep an eye on their goals.
- Uncovers gaps in their skills and capabilities.
- Opens up further development needs